Sunday, January 4, 2009

Waaay overdue for an update

But....not much new! Christmas was ok. My family somehow managed to invite themselves over at the last minute, but we split the cooking duties, so it ended up alright. We had to postpone the big Honeymoon trip til Valentine's Day. I barely got any hours at work over the holidays, and there was just no way we could afford it right now. I am however, determined to not become one of those couples who puts it off, and puts it off, and before you know it, it has been 20 years and no honeymoon. We deserve this trip, and it WILL happen.
New Year's/Hubby's Bday was fun. We were very low key, babysitting until around 11, then coming home for champagne at midnight. We spent a lot of time over the holiday "break"(I use that term loosely, cause I still worked pretty much every day, lol) just hanging out, cuddling and being cheesy married people. I know we're still definitely in the "newlywed" category, but it's really starting to soak in now that we're married. It's been 7 months, and it's starting to feel more real. And, I love it.
On the weight loss front....yeah...I was sick for so long, that I skipped out on the gym for what, two weeks? Luckily, I've still held steady at my weight, and I don't feel like I've lost any muscle mass or strength. Now that I am back to 100%, I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow. I think I am going to aim for 3 nights a week, now that I am working the earlier shift at work. I also get my health benefits soon, and I read that I will get a discount at Weight Watchers. I always told myself I would never do anything like that, but never say never I guess. We will see, it certainly couldn't hurt.

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Kit